Call for Abstracts
Important: Abstract Submissio Deadline has been extended to Tuesday November 17th, 2009 5:00pm EST
When: Thursday, November 19, 2009, 9:00 am–6:00 pm
Where: M. Barbara Schulze Conference Center (3rd floor), The Forsyth Institute, 140 The Fenway Boston, MA 02115, U.S.A.
Deadline to submit abstract: Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Submission instructions: Email abstract and eligibility form to firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Title (posters on any biomedical research topic are welcome)
2) Authors and affiliation (with an asterisk * indicated on poster presenter)
3) Main text (250 words or less)
4) Contact information of poster presenter (including mailing address, e-mail, and phone number)
All posters must be placed at the designated location between 9:00 –10:00 am on November 19, 2009, and removed by the end of the meeting (6:00 pm). Poster presentation will be held between 10:00-12:30 and presenters must be standing in front of their posters to present their research, answer questions and discuss their work with judges and viewers. The size of the poster board at Forsyth is 3'2"x4'5".
Presenters must be current members of IABMR and pay $20 enrollment fee onsite at the meeting. Eligibility form (available at IABMR web site) must be submitted together with the abstract by email. IABMR membership fee can be paid online at the IABMR web site or onsite at the annual meeting.
A panel of reviewers comprised of IABMR member and non-member experts will judge the posters and the presentations, and the winning posters will be awarded as follow:
First Place: $200 cash + 3 years membership
Second Place: $150 cash + 2 years membership
Third Place: $100 cash + 1 year membership
All qualified candidates for Poster Presentation and Award Competition will be awarded with a Certificate of Participation at the end of the conference.
######## Poster Competition Eligibility Verification Form - 2009 IABMR 6th Annual Meeting ########
In order to qualify for Poster Presentation and Award Competition at the 6th IABMR Annual Meeting, November 19th, 2009, I certify and agree to the following:
1. I am a current IABMR member. (Non-member can pay for new membership fee online or onsite)
2. My poster has been approved by my supervisor or PI to be presented and entered for competition in the 6th IABMR Annual Meeting.
3. The scientific content of my poster has never been published in any journal (print or online), including "Accepted" or "In press".
If the scientific content of this poster has been presented in other scientific meeting(s), please specify the name of the meeting below: ________________________________________
5. I agree to disclose any conflict of interest I may have.
6. I agree to list the title of my poster in the IABMR website.
7. I agree that IABMR has the right to revoke my award should I fail to fulfill the eligibility requirements, or violate the rules of the poster award competition.
Presenter Information -
Name: Institute: Phone: Email:
PI/Supervisor Information -
Name: Institute: Phone: Email:
Please submit the completed form, together with your abstract to IABMR
via email (email@example.com) no later than November 13th, 2008.